Agia Anna Beach, Evia Island Greece, 34010
What to visit
Agia Anna Beach (Agali)
Agia Anna beach (Known as Agali or St. Vasilios) is a picturesque resort of Euboea Island located 1 hour from the islands capital called Chalkis (Chalkida).
Agia Beach lies next to the crystal blue waters of the Aegean Sea and is considered the longest beach in Euboea (approximately 9km long).
The waters are classified as deep with a sandy sea bottom, composed of coarse sand and small pebbles coast.
Agia Anna beach is a well organized resort offering its visitors a variety of options for relaxation and entertainment.
Curch Of Saint Anne
Agia Anna (Saint Anne) is a traditional small town located in the North Eastern Part of Euboea Island, approximately 4 Klm far from Agali Beach.
The town is built in the outskirts of Katsari hill, overlooking an amazing view of the Aegean Sea.
The town is surrounded by a combination of rich pine tree forests and a valley of ancient olive trees.In the town square is the Church of Mother Mary Assumption and in the Northern side of the town is built the church of St. Anne (Agia Anna) with the miraculous icon of Saint Anne where the town got its name from.
Agia Anna belongs to the municipality of Nilea, established since 1873.
According to archaeologists various settlements have been found in the area of Agia Anna since the Paleolithic period.
During the period of Turkish rule and even though Agia Anna faced no particular problems with the Turks, the village was undertaken by continuous pirate attacks who roamed the area.
Later on near the end of the 18th century, the administration of the town passed to Ali Pasha who initialized commercial activity with the Northern Sporades and Volos.
After the release of Agia Anna, the town continued to be an important center for the region of North Euboea.
One of the most beautiful and unique sights in North Euboea is found close to the village of Kerasia.
The Drymonas Waterfalls are located 2km from the town of Drymonas and 15km from Rovies. These beautiful waterfalls are found by following the designated path for visitors.
The rich and dense forest provides a spectacular setting for your visit here, and you will enjoy every aspect of the visit.
Saint John the Russian Cathedral
The Cathedral of Saint John the Russian is the most famous and visited in Euboea, and is a place that everyone should visit.
It is located in the area of Prokopi, and is visited by thousands of believers every year.
Construction of the church began in 1930 and was completed by a dedicated group of believers in 1951.
The church is home to the remains of the Saint, who died in 1730.
It wasn't until 1962 that he was declared a Saint by the Russian Church.
The church celebrates this saint on the 27th May each year.
Monastery Of Saint David
Saint David's monastery is very well known in Euboea (Evia) and all over Greece, especially after the end of the earthly course of its charismatic Abbot, elder Iakovos (Tsalikis), whose tomb is located outside the Catholicon (the main church) of the monastery.
The monastery is located in the heart of a beautiful dense area in Rovies, northern Evia (in Central Greece) and is dedicated to the Transfiguration of Christ.
Saint David of Euboea, who built the monastery, was the abbot of Theotokos Varnakova monastery (1520-1532) and later he left for Rovies, North Evia.
In 1540 he founded the famous monastery, which now bears his name, on the ruins of a pre-existing church that had been destroyed by the Turks after the occupation of Euboea in 1470.
He was one of the enlightened teachers of the Nation, who offered so much in the education of the enslaved Greeks, and at the same time a Saint of the Orthodox Church, who is credited with many miracles. His fragrant relics are kept in the Catholicon of the monastery, as well as the censer and stole.